Gout #14, Sade-Sati and Gout/Healing Crisis



In 2011, I had 3 major healing crises that featured gout. I had a diary and wrote down the dates. Interesting, also in 2011, Saturn passed my birth-moon position 3 times. Yes, Saturn ran over my birth-moon, then backed up over my birth-moon, and then ran me over again! When I finally checked the exact position of my moon sign (galacticcenter.org), the focal point of each of the healing crises was coincident with Saturn passing my birth-moon. Coincidence? I think not.

I found out about Sade-Sati because I developed a strange fascination with Saturn in late 2010 and had bought a poster of Saturn which I put on my wall. I was also observing Saturn in the night sky. This is well before I knew anything of Sade-Sati. Not much of a believer in astrology, in late 2011 I came across some Vedic astrology on the world wide web while searching for explanations of what was happening to me. (BTW, I believe the Western astrology is all screwed up, as they haven’t adjusted for the precession of equinoxes. When I look in the sky, Vedic astrology has the planets in the correct constellation.)

But the good news is that “whatever Lord Shani (Saturn) gives, no other planet can take away.” I wonder if the gout pain curing my alcohol dependency isn’t somehow related to a gift from Shani. If I’m around for another Sade-Sati I plan to be on good terms with Saturn by not doing anything stupid like drinking alcohol for the previous 25 years.

Here is some stock terminology about Sade-Sati from Wikipedia. It fits so well (the part about health problems) that it is amazingly descriptive of my experience. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sade_Sati


Sade-Sati is the 7½ years long period of Saturn (Shani). This astrological phase is much feared by those in India who give credence to Indian Astrology. According to those beliefs, this is a period with many challenges.
The period of Sade-sati starts when Saturn enters the zodiac sign immediately before the zodiac sign of Moon at the time of the birth of the individual. That is, if the Moon sign (Ayamsha) at the time of birth of the native was Taurus, then the Sadesati will begin when Saturn enters sign Aries. The Sadesati will continue while Saturn transits over this sign and the next two signs, i.e. the birth sign and the sign after it. Saturn spends around 2½ years in each sign. To cross these three signs it takes about 7½ years. Thus the name Sadesati which literally means seven and a half.
According to one school of Vedic astrology this is a troublesome time for the individual who is going through it. There may be a lot of challenges in a person's life, and he may face accidents, sudden failures, money and health problems. However, there's another school of astrology that believes that though the sadesati period is challenging, it is not as damaging as many astrologers claim, and that many people actually achieve a lot of success during the period of Sadesati....

1 comment:

  1. Sade Sati is a transition phenomenon of Saturn (Shani).The seven and a half year period during which Sade Sati. When Saturn or Shani permeation through twelfth, first and second home from the natal moon of birth chart, the period is termed as Sade Sati. Famous astrologer the Mazzaroth provides Sade Sati 2014 and Kaal Sarp Yog. contact on 9210073737 and visit our website http://www.themazzaroth.com

    ReplyDelete